M ay 30, 1883, B.F. Stamm stared an Undertaking business alongside his furniture store in the south part of Miller. In 1893, S. Pauley bought the Undertaking in Miller. Mrs. Alice Pauley of Miller was the first lady Embalmer/Funeral Director in the state. Together, they ran the mortuary until selling to Pert Coquillette on November 27, 1902, who owned the Furniture and Undertaking business until August 15, 1910, when he sold to Mr. and Mrs. E.O. and Josephine Reck. June 1, 1912, Reck Undertaking occupied the first floor of the Commercial Blub building (Bushfield building). The Funeral Home was in the basement of the furniture store. E.O. Reck died in 1940. From 1945 to 1948, Mrs. E.O. Reck hired Funeral Directors to help in the Funeral Home until son, Jack, finished Mortuary School. In 1950, the Reck Family built the current funeral home at 313 1st Ave. Jack and Lucille Reck sold the Funeral Home to Aaseth Funeral Home, Inc. Jack later died in 1977. Dick Frank bought Reck Funeral Home on January 1, 1977, and owned and operated it until selling the Funeral Home on March 1, 2000, when he sold to John Luce, Jr. John passed away on September 9, 2005 from a plane accident. On October 18, 2006, Mandy Luikens and Tiffany A. Hofer purchased the Funeral Home from the Luce Family. The funeral home continues to be an independently family owned and operated business. We continue to be the only locally owned and operated funeral home in Miller.